Semiconductors are considered one of the significant contributors to global technological developments. What trends are expected in the semiconductor market next year?
Asked: December 17, 20192019-12-17T23:00:43+00:00 2019-12-17T23:00:43+00:00In: Energy
What trends are predicted for the semiconductors industry in 2020?
- Smartelctra Level 42019-12-17T23:06:09+00:00Added an answer on December 17, 2019 at
- In 2020, the semiconductor industry is expected to see some renewed growth on the back of 5G deployment and growing numbers of smartphones.
- The wireless communications will continue to be a major revenue generator for semiconductor businesses.
- In 2020, the global market trend for silicon carbide (SiC) and gallium nitride (GaN) power semiconductor will continue to grow at a rapid pace and to slow down the adoption of traditional base silicon device in the market. They operate as a switch in high-voltage applications such as automotive, power supplies, solar and trains. Power semis are used to increase efficiency and reduce the loss of energy in systems. They are mostly found in the automotive industry for an on-board battery charger (OBC), traction inverter and DC/DC converters.
- There would be rising demand for miniaturisation of electronic components such as heterogeneous integration (HI) advance packaging or chiplets.
- In light of the upcoming introduction of the 5G cellular networks in 2020, the e-SIM technology is going to become popular in consumer electronics & IoT, and will provide more growth opportunities for semiconductor.
- The rapid adoption such as artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, the internet of things (IoT), drones and virtual reality/augmented reality (“VR/AR”) devices and autonomous vehicles have a greater impact on revenue and likely to spur further growth. These areas will be the major focus for the semiconductor industry in 2020.
- A major growth area for the semiconductor industry will be the fastest growth for autonomous vehicles.
Leave an answer